Friday, January 11, 2013

new.

I always start back up writing on here with the intention to stick with it. But sadly self discipline is something that is nearly non existent in my life. I'm working on it. And that's why I'm here. I deleted all old posts. So maybe I can start up this time and stick with it. Jana is a huge inspiration to me in a lot of ways, and writing is a huge one of them. She sticks with it way better then I ever have. 

So here's some highlights of my year. I can honestly say that it was one of the best i've had. Not that anything big or grandiose happened. It was just good. 


 This year we found out that our neighbors who randomly moved away left a chicken in their backyard. I have fallen in love with this chicken, I have always wanted one. I named her Trudie. I want so badly to put her in our yard and take care of her but sadly there is a fine if you get caught with livestock in your yard unless you have an acre. I think that is a huge load of crap, we live in Oklahoma for goodness sakes. 




 I've gotten to watch these two interact all year and it is amazing. Cohen loves Max so much, and you can tell Max looks up to Cohen already. They play so well together. I love watching them together. I've also gotten closer to my Sister this year. We were already close, but having the boys have brought us closer. I love her so much and would be lost without her. 




Watching Jason be a dad has been one of the best things about this year. He is so amazing with Max. He is able to connect with him on a level that I just can't. 




My baby boy turned 1. It still is so weird to say. It just doesn't seem possible. We started a tradition where we will write him letters on his birthday every year and give them to him when he's older. 



Man, this woman. This has been an amazing year with her and her husband Ryan. I never really knew I could be so close to someone that wasn't family until we became friends. I've never had a true and honest friendship like I do with her. I can literally tell her anything, and she gets it. She reels in my crazy. I honestly don't know what I would do without her. 



This year i've also found my love for creating again. Right now I am on a yarn kick, i've gotten a lot better at it then I used to be. It's so relaxing. I hope someday I can use my creative abilities to make people happy. I don't know what that would look like but I think that would be amazing.



This year has been the best year of marriage yet. In April it will be year 4 for us. And I am just over the moon happy to be Jason's wife. That doesn't mean that we don't fight or that our marriage is easy by any means. It's work. Everyday is work, but it's the most rewarding thing. We have both grown so much as individuals and as a couple this year. I can't imagine my life without him. He is truly my best friend. 



My hopes for 2013 are that I keep growing. Growing in my faith, in relationships (especially as a wife and mother),  just growing in literally any area that I can. I am yearning for knowledge and discipline and I'm hoping I can really work on that this year. 

Here's to you 2013. Bring it.

1 comment:

  1. Oh this just made my heart so happy. :)
    I love you, you amazing woman you.

    ReplyDelete