Friday, February 1, 2013

son


Dear Max, 

There are a few things I don't ever want you to stop doing. 

1. Right now 9 times out of 10 when you are playing you stop what your doing every 5 minutes to come give me a big kiss and hug. I am going to need you to do this forever. Even when you are 50 and I am 73 I am going to need you to do this because it makes me feel like I'm doing something right. Especially on days I feel like I'm doing everything wrong.






2You are so curious, you want to touch everything you see. I don't necessarily want you to touch everything you see but please keep that curiosity. Keep that wondering sparkle in your eyes. I think as adults we tend to lose that sometimes and I don't want to ever see you lose it. 









3. You are a genius. I know it's a little early for some people to see it. But trust me, you are the smartest 1 year old I have ever been around. You already study things and people. Sometimes it's like you just get lost in your thoughts, you get this look on your face like you are contemplating what the meaning of life is. (I know I know he's just 1. ) I know I'm not the only one who thinks you are a genius baby. I pray you get your father's love for education and that you stick with school. 



4. You love music and dancing. Any time you hear music, even if it is background music on a commercial, you start doing your little dance. Right now your main dance just bobbing up and down with your arms waving in the air. But recently you've added this little baby Irish clog looking jig to your moves and your dad and I absolutely love it. 






5. Right now you are a little over a year, and you depend on me a lot. There are some days I get a little impatient and wish that you weren't as dependant as you are. (what mother doesn't) But I love that you need me. I know there will come a time when you are going to turn into Mr. Independent and it makes me a little sad. So if you could just hold off on that for a while that would be great. I don't mind you being a little independent but I don't know what I'll do when you don't need me to sing you to sleep or kiss your boo boos. 

Just please don't ever stop being you. I know you are just 1 but you already have such an amazing personality and I know it's just going to get better. 

I love you Max. So much more than you will ever know.

-xoxo- Mom

1 comment: